Our healthcare system is complex! Christine has the skills and knowledge to navigate it to your benefit as you age or to help you support aging family members.
Are you looking for services and support to continue living in your own home? Do you have a loved one you are concerned about their safety to continue to live at home?
Are you looking to move to a more supportive environment and need help with finding seniors accommodations?
Accessing the publicly funded services can include:
- Home and Community Care- Health Authority Based ie: VCH, FHA (Home Support workers, nursing, Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietician)
- Long-term Care and Assisted Living services (ie Nursing homes)
- Community Mental Health Services
- Adult Day Programs
- Home Health Equipment and supplies
Accessing Private System (Pay for Service) can include:
- Hiring caregivers
- Finding Private Long-term care / supportive housing and assisted living homes
- Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy
- Housekeeping, cooking
- Support Moving
- Equipment and supplies ie: incontinent products, walkers, canes, hospital beds
- Community Based Programs for Socialization and Exercise
Knowing what to ask and who to call when you are accessing services is paramount. Christine can advise, coach and guide or take on a bigger role and make these calls on your behalf. Home visits, telephone and video sessions are charged as per Counselling Sessions.
Services outside of these (referred as Case Management/Advocacy) that may include connecting with care partners, making referrals, advertising and hiring private caregivers are billed at $95.00/ hour.